Can Crooked teeth get veneers? Tips from Dentist.
The versatility of porcelain veneers means they can improve the appearance of some crooked teeth while also concealing stains, chipping and cracks.
Many people suffer the embarrassment of teeth that are slightly misaligned without posing a risk to their oral health. If you’re one of them, porcelain veneers could be your ticket to a straight, sparkling smile with none of the hassle of having to wear braces.
8 March 2021
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers for Crooked Teeth
There are many instances when porcelain veneers – ultra-thin tooth-coloured shells that are attached to the front of teeth – may provide the ideal solution for crooked teeth, including:
- Just one tooth out of alignment with the rest.
- Teeth that are overlapping.
- Prominent canine teeth (the sharp front teeth next to incisors).
- One or more teeth set back from the others.
- Protruding teeth.
- Gapped teeth.
In cases of slightly crooked teeth, porcelain veneers hold several advantages over other treatments.
For a start, you won’t be wearing braces for 18 months to two years. Porcelain veneers can straighten your smile within a few weeks and last up to 20 years.
Porcelain veneers also provide a longer-lasting alternative to tooth bonding (applying a composite resin to a tooth) and are more stain-resistant.
Other benefits of porcelain veneers to fix crooked teeth include:
- Whiter, natural looking teeth that won’t stain as easily as your natural teeth.
- Non-invasive, pain-free option.
- A customised, perfect fit.
- Fast, affordable treatment.
- Protection for the underlying teeth.
A further advantage of porcelain veneers is that they can be made so thin that little if any trimming of tooth enamel is needed, which helps your teeth to retain their natural defences against decay.
Do I need braces before getting Porcelain Veneers?
If you have teeth that are severely misaligned, simply getting porcelain veneers won’t solve the problem – they’ll just cover it up without addressing the underlying issue, which may be putting your dental health at risk.
In cases like this, you’ll first need orthodontic treatment – either traditional fixed braces or removable plastic aligners like Invisalign – to reposition your teeth. Then you’ll be all set for porcelain veneers to add an amazing finishing touch to your straight smile.
Are Porcelain Veneers Are Right for me?
f your teeth are a little out of alignment but still basically heathy, there should be nothing preventing you from getting porcelain veneers to achieve the smile you’ve always yearned for.
A dental veneers expert like Porcelain Veneers Sydney can help you make an informed decision on whether this cosmetic treatment can safely and effectively straighten the appearance of your crooked teeth.
The Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Although designing, making and fitting custom porcelain veneers demands specialised technical skills combined with an eye for visual appeal, the process for the patient is straightforward with fast results:
- Consultation – to discuss your goals and take an impression of your teeth.
- Mock–up – to get your feedback on the fit and appearance of your veneers.
- Preparation – your teeth are prepared and temporary veneers placed.
- Review – your permanent veneers are fitted, with any necessary adjustments to your new smile.
- Say cheese – you can now start snapping those selfies full of confidence!